I. Useful Plant Based Nutrition Websites
NutritionFacts.org — is the premier source of peer-reviewed information about nutrition, delivered in short video clips.
PlantPureNation.com — has recipes, seminars, films, cookbooks, AND you can order frozen plant-based meals of your choice delivered to your home (great for those who don’t want to bother with cooking and/or want a Demo of what plant-based eating feels like): Choose food collections
PCRM.org is another great resource, with indexed nutrition information, recipes, films, and more. For access to their 21-day meal plan with recipes and shopping lists, you can sign up or download their app via this link.
PlantricianProject.org — an excellent source of brochures, books, movies, and information about plant-based nutrition.
LifestyleMedicine.org — this is Dr. Sheline’s main professional organization; numerous resources on their “Education” page.
Lighter.world – website with free recipes and help with what foods to buy; also can pay for one-on-one online advice
Harvest Oasis: Get delicious fresh vegan meals delivered to your house, in Durham, Raleigh, or Chapel Hill
II. Coaching, on HOW to change to plant-based diet:
- Excellent local coach: Howard Jacobson
III. Educational Brochures
- Plant-Based Nutrition Quick Start Guide — nutritional info about whole foods plant based (WFPB) eating vs. standard American diet, myths and facts about WFPB nutrition, how to make the transition, and incorporate into daily life.
- Vegetarian Starter Kit — very similar, a little shorter, also has some recipes.
- Forks Over Knives — great movie showing the benefits of a plant-based diet (Link to Netflix video)
- Cowspiracy — about the devastating environmental impacts of raising animals for food (Link to Netflix video)
- What The Health? — 92 minute film, somewhat controversial but excellent (link to Netflix video
- Great 19 minute video, summarizing evidence for reversing heart disease w/diet, with an analogy to smoking (Link to the actual video)
V. Books (with links to Amazon, to order)
- How Not to Die, by Michael Greger
- Cookbook: Isa Does It, by Isa Chandra Moskowitz [delicious vegan recipes]
- Dr. Neal Barnard’s Program for Reversing Diabetes, by Neal Barnard (for anyone with diabetes this is a MUST read)