Helpful links, which you need to know about: (hit Ctrl. + click to follow link)
I. Websites with which you should become familiar:
- NutritionFacts.org — is the premier source of peer-reviewed information about nutrition, delivered in short video clips
- PCRM.org — great source of educational brochures
- PlantricianProject.org — another excellent source of brochures, books, movies, information
- LifestyleMedicine.org — more great educational resources
- Rouxbe Cooking School — excellent self-paced online cooking course, w/instructional videos, over 40 plant-based recipes.
- Lighter.world – a FREE website which shows you what foods to buy and “how to throw great meals together”; or can pay for videos, nutritional analysis, and even one-on-one on-line advice.
- CHIPhealth.com — a comprehensive course about plant-based nutrition, with a group of your peers. Dr. Sheline is fully trained and can discuss with you.
II. Educational brochures:
- Plant-Based Nutrition Quick Start Guide – nutritional info about whole foods plant based (WFPB) eating vs. standard American diet, myths and facts about WFPB nutrition, how to make the transition, and incorporate into daily life.
- Vegetarian Starter Kit – very similar, a little shorter, also has some recipes.
- Forks Over Knives — a great introductory movie showing the benefits of plant-based nutrition.
- Cowspiracy — about the devastating environmental impacts of raising animals for food.
- What The Health? — 92 minute film, somewhat controversial but excellent (link to Netflix video)
IV. Books (with links to Amazon, to order)
- How Not to Die, by Michael Greger: big book, loaded with information about foods, supplements, and illnesses improved with WFPB eating.
- Eat to Live, by Joel Fuhrman: a classic, now 2nd edition, with the science behind plant based eating.
- Cookbook: Isa Does It, by Isa Chandra Moskowitz [delicious vegan recipes, easy to make; only concern: she uses olive oil a lot, some salt]
- The Plant-Based Journey, by Lani Muelrath: Full of practical tips on how to make the switch to a plant-based diet; lots of good recipes.
If you learned something from this post, please SHARE it with friends
For an appointment, please visit our contact page.